Sunday, October 19, 2008

A fun-filled Saturday...

I woke up really early Saturday morning with the book I have been reading on my mind. It is called The Shack written by William Paul Young. I knew I only had a few chapters left so I decided to make myself a cup of coffee and read before anyone else woke up. The end of this book just moved me to tears and reflection of my heart towards God. It was very refreshing to just cry and read and enjoy the dark quiet morning. It was a great way to start off my Saturday.

Then we went to the Midlothian Fall Festival. We went with some of the girls' friends and their families. It was beautiful weather and such a neat thing to do together. It had lots of local businesses and a little dance show had started just as we got there. It had a little fair food and jump houses for the kids. It was so much fun!



We ended it with Cali getting to ride on a pony for the first time. She loved it!! Especially the pink hair!! Afterwards we went home for naps and lunch. It was relaxing just to lay around for a few hours.


Lastly, Lance and I actually got to go out on a date. It has been pretty rare that we are out alone without any kids. My wonderful brother actually kept our girls for us. We went shopping and then out to dinner at Olive Garden. I have been begging Lance to take me there for a while. But, most importantly, we got some time to have really good converstation. It was so nice to have 4 hours of uninterruped time with my hubby and be out of the house too. We had a wonderful time and vowed to not go so long in between dates!! It really was a nice Saturday.

2 comments:

misty said...

i am glad you figured it out! at church today chad & i won free movie tickets, so hopefully soon we can go see fireproof. have ya'll seen that yet?

Anonymous said...

That was a great Saturday...LYT!