Tuesday, November 11, 2008

in the spirit.....


Yes, that is a Christmas tree you see. Yes I realize it is only November 11th. But, if you know my husband, you know that he is a huge believer in Christmas. He just LOVES this time of year. We had quite a busy weekend with my dad's birthday on Friday night and then a dinner with some old friends from Katy on Saturday night. We got in really late so we ended up skipping church. We had a very nice, relaxing morning. Lance and I were sitting on the couch, drinking our coffee and watching the girls play when he says, "Let's put up our tree." A little hesitant, I agreed. We actually had alot of fun and the girls really enjoyed it too. It is not decorated yet because we had loaned out our lights, so as soon as we get those back, we will finish it. Yeah for Christmas!!!!

5 comments:

The Bray Family said...

Man, you guys almost beat Wal Mart with the early Christmas stuff! I love Christmas time too though and the decorations are so pretty....why not make them last even longer! Oh, and I just realized that it will be up for Thanksgiving at your house!! Yea!!

Jennifer said...

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo not yet!!

Hazel said...

what're you talking about mom? YOU GUYS REALLY HAVE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!!!!! lol.

misty said...

this is making me laugh because its so lance to do this! well, i shouldn't really laugh because we are putting ours up next weekend before thanksgivig. i'm ready too!
and you skipped church - us too! well, me & the boys did. ha could you imagine chad just not showing up for church! ha he would be in some serious trouble!
can't wait to see ya'll in 2 weeks! black friday shopping???????

Anonymous said...

Love this time of the heart too! How did i miss that tree Tuesday evening....I think I was so hungry and enjoying that fantastic dinner too much! It was a great meal---thank you again!
LYT! Pops