Saturday, November 15, 2008

it is finished...


Here's our tree all finished. I thought this was such a sweet picture with the girls in their matching pj's looking closely at our tree. Really they are the reason we enjoy the holidays so much more. They both get so excited to wake up in the mornings and see it there.


I have to say that it was so much fun putting it up. As Lance was pulling everything out of the attic, I was telling him that I needed to go get a tree skirt. I haven't ever had one and thought I would get one finallly. Anyways, as we are unloading the boxes, Lance pulls one out that I had bought last year after Christmas. I had totally forgot and was so excited that I had one. Then, this gets even better!! I was looking at our ornaments and things and started telling Lance that I was really tired of the same ones we have used for 5 years and that maybe we should get some new ones. Suddenly, Lance started pulling out some bags from the attic that had new ornaments in it. I had forgotten that I had found them after Christmas for a fourth of the price and decided to load up for this year!!!!! Again, I was so excited and totally love our new color scheme. Yea for planning ahead!!!

6 comments:

misty said...

i'm excited too for next weekend when we pull our christmas stuff out of the attic & rediscover what i bought last year for dirt cheap. yea for sales!

the picture is really cute!

will they mess with the decorations any, you think? i'm guessing brock will be taking things off this year.

misty said...

i forgot to say i REALLY LIKE your background... coolest one i've seen around!!!

Anonymous said...

I was cleaning out the coat closet last month and found stocking stuffers from 2!!! yes 2 Christmas's ago!! LOL! Lucky for me it was stuff we use every day. And a couple of gift cards. What a treat!

Connie

The Bray Family said...

Looks great!!
Thanks for having the kids spend the night last night! I am sure they had a blast ( I dont know yet as they are still with you!!) and loved spending time with ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree and Girls! We enjoyed having the girls spend the night with us last Friday..They are alot of fun! LYT!

Janna said...

i love that you guys put your tree up early. it's beautiful. and i'm taking a cue from you and going shopping AFTER Christmas this year!

can't believe how big your girls are. and i'm glad to know (from your post on my blog) that girls get into mischief too!!!

hope you are well.