Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting crafty!!





Well I am learning to do things a little bit more crafty like all my sister-in-loves (Misty with her mad scrapbooking skills; Sherri with some sewing, picture-taking, and cake-decorating skills; and of course there's Jennifer that can sew,knit, or make anything!!). They are always doing the neatest things. So, a couple of weeks ago I had found these decorated cardboard letters that are Cali's initials for just $1. So, I thought I would just hang them the way they were until today when I got an idea. I was at the dollar tree and found these white frames that these letters would fit in. So, after I got home, I pulled out some scrapbooking paper that was sitting unused and cut a background for my letters. I added a touch of ribbon and string and now I have them looking much nicer than I could have thought. I feel pretty proud of myself and even prouder that I only did it for $6. Yeah me!!! So, here they are for my precious Cali Payton Bray.

5 comments:

The Bray Family said...

Those are soooo cute Monika!! Good job. I think I just now realized that Cali and Christian have the same initials.....or maybe I have just forgotten. Maybe you could make a matching set for his bedroom? heehee

Jess said...

Love it! Great job!

Jennifer said...

Cool! And they each have a bow on top just like your girls!

The Cunningham Family said...

way to go - crafty mama!!

misty said...

VERY cute monika!!! you should go buy more letters & make for gifts or even sale since they were so cheap. do i see a business forming?!?! ha