Friday, September 5, 2008

A little something for me...

This morning a friend of mine, Melissa, and I went to visit a MOPS group (Mothers of Pre-schoolers). At first we were both a little hesitant, but ended up really enjoying it. Cali and her little friend Sophie went to the 3's class and learned about things that God made. They each came home with a baggie of dirt, rocks, and nuts that they had found. So cute...... London did good too just playing. Melissa and I enjoyed a nice quiet cup of coffee and uninterrupted conversation with other moms. It was wonderful. We met some really nice ladies that were encouraging and in the same walk of life that we are. So, if you want to try a MOPS group for yourself you can look on-line for the one nearest you.

4 comments:

misty said...

glad to hear that you had a good experience. i tried one before brock was born. trying to reach out & get to know people outside of the church. bad idea! ha i got there a little late & the whole time i was there no one talked to me. i was shocked, embarrassed & mad that these women didn't even act like they wanted a new friend. needless to say, i never went back!

The Bray Family said...

I am so sad for Misty! But happy for you! Lord knows you need a little adult conversation and quiet every once in a while. Oh, and COFFEE! We all need that...
See you tomorrow!!! Are you soooo excited! I am :)

misty said...

what's going on tomorrow??? i want to come!!! i wish i lived near all my bray family. i miss ya'll & the closness you share. maybe oneday... that is what i secretly pray!!! ha

Hazel said...

i wish I lived closer to your family! its like annoying that we dont but i mean my mom and dad would NEVER move there!!! :D i miss you guys SO SO SO SOOOOOOOO much!!!