Monday, September 22, 2008

Pink Eye


My poor baby London has pink eye. I first noticed it on Saturday and was hoping maybe it was allergies or something, but it's definitely pink eye. Until last night it was just her left eye but now it has spread to her right one too. It's so sad because this morning when she woke up her eyes were stuck shut from the yellow gunk. :( I know you thinking why haven't I taken her to the dr. yet but we waited because her 15 month check-up is tomorrow. We did try and get her in today, but my dr. isn't there on Mondays and they wouldn't do the check-up without her there and we are cheap and didn't want to pay two $40 co-pays. But she goes tomorrow and will get so drops to clear it up. I did look on-line for maybe some home remedies but they were like put milk soaked bread on your eye and other wierd stuff like that. London would flip if I tried to do that. So hopefully she'll get better soon. The girls did get to stay home with daddy today because I had to work. London couldn't go to the sitter so he called in. I know they had so much fun spending some extra time with him. Here's a picture of her red eyes.


4 comments:

misty said...

talked to lance today & he told me all about it. poor baby! i will be praying that she get well soon & it doesn't spread to anyone else.

Jess said...

I wish I would of seen this yesterday. I know a few things to try in the future. #1 Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. You put a little on a warm wash cloth and wash the outside of the eye with it. There is something in it that clears up eye infections. Hold the warm wash cloth on the eye for a few seconds. Do each eye with a different partof the wash cloth. Pink eye is so contagious and it will just keep spreading from eye to eye. #2 The have over the counter natural eye drops now for pink eye called Similason. I got mine at CVS. I also wash the pillow case and any blankets or stuffed animals after every u0se. It's hard work but it helps to get rid of it faster. Sometimes I would just spray the stuff down with a natural disinfectent instead of washing it twice a day! Anyway I hope this helps ion the future and I hope her eyes get better soon!

Hazel said...

awwwww poor thing!!!!! :( i hope she feels better soon!!!

Summer said...

aw sweet london. tatum had an awful eye infection this time last year - sniff. kiss her for me!~